Our Snow School Staff's passion for our Skiing in Schools program is unparalleled and it shows through the students' success.
Teachers and Parents and Parent/Teacher Associations, we have super deals for any organized group of 20 or more students Tuesday through Friday as either day trips (as part of your Phys Ed curriculum) or evening Ski Club trips.
Our equipment rentals include helmets.
Day trips require lessons for students, and for evening ski clubs lessons are optional.
Note that ALL our Skiing in Schools prices INCLUDE ALL TAX.
Want to go skiing in Ottawa? Mount Pakenham tops the region as the destination for school trips, after school and high school racing and riding. Following strict guidelines set out by Ontario Snow Resorts Association and Ontario School Board Insurance Exchange, our Skiing in Schools programs provide a fun and safe learning opportunity. If your school would like to participate, check out our Skiing In Schools brochure. Phys Ed was never so much fun!
It’s never too early to book your 2020/2021 school ski trip.
Mount Pakenham also has great alternatives for non-skiers/boarders including; WOW Snowshoe Adventure , and Snow Tubing .
To view our Skiing In Schools Video, please click here.
Teachers who would like to come 'check us out' may SKI FOR FREE in December- just come to the Front Desk for a lift ticket (please bring Teacher School ID)
Mount Pakenham's Carpet Lift has made learning to ski and ride even easier for beginners. And our new Polar Bear Express Quad chairlift- is very beginner-friendly( replaces Triple chairlift)!
- I would like to thank Mount Pakenham for providing the opportunity to our inner city, low-income students to visit Pakenham. This was the first time many of our students had been out of the city's Vanier core and seen a ski hill or lift. The belly laughter and excitement students expressed all day was priceless.
It was definitely a two-thumbs up from students from grades 1-6 (staff as well!).
Thanks for all of your help in planning and organizing via email with me.
Ski Trip Organizer - Assumption Catholic School
- Thank you so much for another great season. The organization just keeps getting better and better!
I truly appreciate all that you do for our staff, students and parents. You happily answer all of our questions and patiently interact with our parents.
You always accommodate our arrival times and the students were always aware of what was expected of them both before and after their lesson times.
Ski Trip Organizer -Kanata Academy
- The students and staff of Naismith Public School would like to thank you for a terrific ski day. The staff were organized, helpful and kind. Your system of putting the students through the stations was brilliant. The kids enjoyed the challenges of each step and non of them were disappointed with the outcome. This winter trip was the best we have had in years. Thanks for making it a huge success.
Ski Trip Organizer - Naismith Public School
- We had an amazing time- all the skiers and boarders commented on how wonderful the slopes were! And our WOW participants also had a blast! Their schedule of tubing-snowshoeing-tubing was perfect.
Many thanks for all of your support through this process and with me as a rookie. It really helped knowing you were only an email/phone call away.
Thank you for making our day so much fun!
Organizer - St. John School
- On behalf of Abraar staff, we greatly appreciated the kind treatment from all the instructors and wanted to say that they did a wonderful job; they were amazing.
Coordinator - Abraar School: Islamic Education for the Next Generation
- Please pass our thanks on to the staff. We always have a great time there, and this year was the best yet. The staff in the rental unit, and the staff on the hill, were fantastic. Thank you - we have about 100 very happy, excited, and sleepy folks, many of whom fell in love with skiing today thanks to the Pakenham staff.
See you next year.
Organizer - Truedell PS
- Hello all,
I wish to extend thank you and congratulations to your team for your work on our Winter Carnival Day last Thursday, February 23. I understand that it was a very busy day for the hill and tube park; however, I have heard nothing but positive feedback from our students, staff and parents about their wonderful experience there. The WOW program is a great extension to the skiing and boarding activities that we have enjoyed in the past.
Many thanks to you all for a job well done!
Principal - The Stewart School
- Hi there,
I just want to let you know that the kids at St. Monica school had an awesome time on our ski day yesterday. Not one complaint, only positive statements like
I wish we could come back this year
I got my star
I never thought I'd like skiing this much
There was not a negative word from anybody all day. The staff working with the students were fantastic and the station progression which the kids go through is second to none. I was never concerned with anyone's safety all day. Great job, see you next season!
Ski Trip Organizer - St. Monica School
- Please pass along my thanks and congratulations to the Pakenham staff for a wonderful ski day today. The staff were all friendly and helpful and several parents remarked to me about how quickly the kids were able to get their rental gear and then get on the hill.
We truly had a great day!
Ski Trip Organizer - Grade 5 Teacher Monsignor Paul Baxter School
I just wanted to let you know that we had a perfect day on Friday! All the children had so much fun. The staff at the hill was, as always, tremendous.
Thier patience and persistence with some of the students made the difference between them staying in the chalet most of the day and getting out skiing and finally seeing success.
Thanks again, see you next year!
Organizer- John XXIII Separate School
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and the staff at Mount Pakenham for making our Winter Carnival day a huge success!
The ski instructors deserve a huge round of applause, as well! As I stood at the bottom of the hill, I had noticed one of our students becoming quite frustrated with herself to the point where she was in tears. The instructor demonstrated compassion and reassured our girl that she is capable of achieving her star with more practice. The instructor provided plenty of encouragement which is exactly what our student needs. Thank you.
Organizer - St. Joseph's School, Arnprior
Teachers.... Find out why Algonquin College brings students to Mount Pakenham to deliver the college's Skiing and Snowboarding modules for their popular Outdoor Education programs.
Just a short, easy drive from Ottawa; only 25 minutes West of Kanata. Ottawa and the Valley's Winter Family Fun Centre.
Educators Login Here
If you have any problems logging in to the Teacher Portal - please contact 613-624-5290.
The 'Group Number' field is an optional field if you want to sort students by bus or grade etc.
Helpful Hints for Parents - Physical Education Through Skiing and Snowboarding
NEW! Book your Skiing In School Trip Online
Mount Pakenham tops the region as THE destination for school trips. Our Skiing in Schools programs provide a fun and safe learning opportunity for all ability levels.
Rates are for school groups OR ANY ORGANIZED STUDENT GROUP of 15 or more (scouts, hockey team, friends/neighbours) offered Tues-Fri except Christmas and March Break Holidays. Our program is designed for ages 7 and up. We do offer lesson options for younger students by advance booking.
Night Skiing allows for the ultimate in time flexibility. Your school or After-School Club can enjoy Mount Pakenham from 3:30pm to 9pm Tuesday to Friday.
High School Racing and Evening Race Training
All School prices include HST this year
Winter Outdoor Wonder Snowshoeing Adventure
Snow Tubing is a great alternative or addition to your school ski trip.