- Please review the "Tips for Parents" pages of our website with your students. You may print off copies for students to take home to parents or direct parents to our website (www.mountpakenham.com) to print their own copy or view our new Skiing in Schools Video. We can send you information for parents that may be forwarded by email to your student's parents
- Please accurately complete ONLINE TRIP ROSTERS a minimum of 14 DAYS IN ADVANCE of your trip. Late rosters may be subject to cancellation or rescheduling.
- The rosters must include skiing and snowboarding ability for each student, also height, weight, normal shoe size and gender for each student requiring rental equipment. Please keep in mind correct and accurate information is necessary to make the trip run smoothly and ensure that rental equipment is adjusted properly for each student.
- Please inform students with their own skis and snowboards that proper equipment with metal edges and braking devices are required at all times. Equipment that does not meet safety standards is prohibited
- "TEACHER TESTED TIP" - When entering your roster you can use a "Group Number" to assign students to a bus, class, grade, or group. If you have more than one bus, it's handy to sort by bus number so that the personalized lift tickets can be handed out quickly.
- Remember, we issue one free supervisor lift ticket for every 10 paying students. So you can either subsidize your teachers/supervisors or some of your needier students.
- If the driving weather for your ski day is inclement and you must postpone or cancel your ski day or your School Board policy requires you to cancel your trip, please advise us by 7 am by calling our Snow School at (613) 624-5290 so we may schedule accordingly. Please keep in mind we do adapt our programs to ensure an enjoyable day no matter what the weather. Our programs run rain or shine and in all temperatures.
- Parents not riding on the bus with the school will be asked to wait until you arrive as all lift tickets will be given to you and you will distribute them (please inform parents of this procedure).
- If you have students with special needs who will be unable to take a group lesson and will require a lesson with specialized individual attention, this may be arranged in advance with a volunteer from the Canadian Adaptive Ski Program- please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Payment for your trip is required on your trip day or within 7 days afterward. We accept Visa, MasterCard or School cheques.
- Review with all your supervisors "TRIP DAY CHECKLIST" and "Teacher/Parent Volunteer Supervisor Help Sheet". Please encourage volunteers to review the school group information at www.mountpakenham.com. PLEASE NOTE, students progress at different rates. Some may advance to the chairlift very quickly, where others will need more time learning the basics especially if it is their first and only visit. Please encourage students to set realistic goals.
Thank you in advance for using this checklist!