CADS Canadian Association of Disabled Skiing is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization providing skiing resources and instruction to those with physical and/or developmental impairments. CADS strives to break down barriers and promote a safe, fun skiing environment. Mount Pakenham has been hosting this adaptive ski program for many years and both CADS and Mount Pakenham are grateful for the dedicated volunteers who make this program possible.
CADS offers an 8-week adaptive ski program, starting the first week of January. Participation is dependent on volunteer availability. Volunteers are certified through CADS, and the Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance. The program runs Wednesdays through Friday afternoons and evenings as well as weekends. This program is booked directly with www.cads-ncd.ca ( the National Capital Division of CADS).
To register your child with CADS program or if you have any questions, please send an email to:
In addition to weekly lessons, CADS provides support to school groups that have students with special needs in their ski programs. School groups must contact us in advance to make arrangements for an instructor.
Interested in participating? Would you like to volunteer? Training and certification are available through CADS.
For further information, contact
www.cads-ncd.ca (click on the Pakenham link at the top of the page).
- Program: 8 Week Program CADS
- Available: CADS Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Afternoons/Evenings; Saturday and Sunday
- Equipment: Includes Equipment and Lift Ticket
- Fine Print: Participation in the program depends on the availability of volunteer instructors who are certified through CADS. All disabilities and ages are accepted with a physician’s referral. New skiiers are interviewed and accessed and must become members of CADS-NCD and fill out information and release forms. *Please reserve directly with CADS.*
- Ability Levels:Beginner - Expert
Season Starters Ski or Snowboard! One hour lesson. Ages 6 to Adult.
Our DISCOVER PROGRAM is designed for FIRST TIMERS to make getting started easy and affordable. Only $55+ tax and includes lesson, lift ticket and rental equipment.
Our DISCOVER MORE PROGRAM
A Private Lesson can take your skiing or riding to a new level FAST! Only $65 +tax.
Private Lesson Packages -
A learning experience tailored just for you.